One of the most important metaphysical state to acquire is tranquility. Without calmness and serenity it is impossible to carry out most of the other metaphysical exercises or to establish a bridge between the lower and higher aspects of the microcosm. Tranquility is developed through resting the mind, body and emotions in the meditative state. In Buddhism this form of meditation is called samatha. Another form of meditation often associated with samatha is vipassana, or insight meditation. This is basically an introspective exercise where one strives to develop insight into one’s real nature. When the goals of samatha and vipassana are reached one acquires the state of bodhicitta–an enlighten mind.
Our metaphysical development are marked by certain planetary initiations given in higher realms by the Spiritual Hierarchy. These initiations stabilize the new plane of consciousness and frequency-level attained as a result of spiritual evolutionary progress. These initiations also afford us a certain degree of spiritual power. There are 9 planetary initiations that concerns humanity’s spiritual development into divine god-hood. Along the Spiritual Path, the average person first aspires to perfection. This is the stage of “the Aspirant.” When prepared mentally and spiritually to a certain degree the Aspirant is then accepted as a disciple by a Spiritual Master. The Path of Discipleship takes one through the initiations step by step. In the first initiation he is regarded as a Christ-child newly-born. In the second and third initiation the Christ-child gradually matures. In the fourth initiation, esoterically called the “Crucifixion,” the unfolding human soul attains liberation from samsara, or the cycles of birth and rebirth. Here he acquires the title of Arhat, Wali, or Saint. Human perfection is attained in the fifth initiation where one becomes a “Master.” The experience of the ascension is acquired in the sixth initiation. At present, little is known of the seventh, eighth, and ninth initiations.
Below we present some invaluable principles, disciplines, and practices that would not only raise one’s awareness and vibratory frequency, but also form the basis of the unfoldment of divine virtues and powers, and anchor spiritual aspects of the microcosm into the physical/etheric force-field. When the ultimate goal of these disciplines are reached or attained man will no longer be man, he will become a god, a divine being, a Son or Daughter of the Supreme Being. It has long been proclaimed by Christian evangelists that the Kingdom of God is at hand. Nowadays we hear that the Aquarian Age or the Golden Age is at hand. Nothing has essentially changed. It is the same message that the Higher Intelligences ruling the Omniverse wishes to convey to humanity. Waiting for the Kingdom of God or the Golden Age to appear is not dependent upon time in any way. It is not a future event but a state of consciousness. One will never enter heaven or the glories of the New Age by waiting. Passivity will not help man to attain the state or condition that he longs for. Man reaches the peak of attainment by striving, by personal effort, by moving along with the evolutionary current. The way has long been shown by mystics and Spiritual Masters. It is up to us to follow in their footsteps. Spiritual disciplines can be considered as the vehicle that would transport us to the spiritual goal, to the promised land flowing with milk and honey. Below are some precepts and disciplines helpful in the spiritual life:
1) Try avoiding the use of the word “I” in everyday speech. Do not emphasize the lower self in any way. Instead of saying, “I like this,” say “This is nice.” By putting this discipline into action we eventually displace the lower ego with the power and influence of the Higher Self. We would gradually express self-surrender and self-sacrifice and acquire group-consciousness where the Great SELF is perceived in all.
2) Imagine, feel, and know that everyone you meet, that every creature you come across, that every plant or spirit that appears before you is an expression of God–that God is present in every one. Remember the teachings of the Master Jesus: he taught that if we harmed, hurt or did something to another we also did it to him. Every true Master feels this way; their identification with All That Is is so complete that they feel the emotions and thoughts of others as their own.
3) In conjunction with the above practice, do not forget to maintain a constant awareness that your very essence is of God, that in fact you are an embodied Christ or Buddha. See the world through the eyes of an enlightened, compassionate being. Minimize unnecessary thoughts and feelings whenever possible. However, just maintain an awareness of the divine presence within you.
4) Cease filling the physical, emotional, and mental bodies with negative energies and substances. Do not smoke, drink alcohol, consume narcotics or drugs. Gradually become a vegetarian. Avoid foods and beverages that contain chemicals, preservatives, etc. Processed and cooked foods are bad for the physical system. Emotionally and mentally speaking, change every negative thoughts and feelings into their polar opposite. Whenever a negative feeling emerges quickly transmute it. For instance, when you begin to feel anger, calm yourself down and feel peace by recalling your true identity as a divine spark of God.
5) We do not own anything. Realize that it is impossible to own anything, so therefore renounce possessiveness. We are not able to own ourselves, what more other people or earthly goods. Everything comes from Nature and goes back to Her at Her own pleasure.
6) Make sure that every word that passes your lips goes through the three gates of truth, kindness and necessity.
7) Fill your minds with divine thoughts and assume divine attitudes (see article on Divine thinking).
8) Discern what is Real from what is false. Do not be attached to the false, illusionary, ephemeral objects and conditions in life. Always look for the Real, the essence underlying all things, be attracted and attached to that. It is permanent, unchangeable, infinite, and boundless. It’s nature is bliss.
9) Serve others. Forget the wants and desires of the false ego. Be a willing instrument of the Divine Will.
10) Always give thanks for what you have, for the life within you, for your life on earth, for the varied experiences that Life offers you, or for any other reason that you can think of.
11) Maintain cleanliness physically and spiritually. Keep your homes, offices, cities, country and world tidy and in order. By doing so we emulate the Creator.
12) Be graceful and harmless in everything that you say and do.
13) Express unconditional love and affection to those around you without being overly attached to them.
14) While bathing imagine yourself being cleansed by a powerful white light.
15) Study the precepts of the Saints, Avatars, and Mystics to be found in all Holy Scriptures.
16) Do not live in the past or the future, live in the now.
17) Constantly affirm the following:
“I AM EVERYWHERE IN THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOD AND GOD IS EVERYWHERE IN MY CONSCIOUSNESS.”
“I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE, I AND MY MOTHER ARE ONE.”
18) Before falling asleep direct your attention and thoughts to the highest possible level.
19) Jot down all of the psychic and spiritual experiences that you may have.
20) Engage in spiritual study, meditation, occult disciplines, and physical exercises. This will help transmute sexual energy into a higher form needed to fuel and activate dormant brain centers.
21) Refrain from watching too much television and movies or reading trashy novels, or involving oneself in senseless gossip.
22) Connect with Nature. Go to the mountains, the seas, the woodlands and attune your consciousness with them. Walk barefoot, absorb the Earth energies, breathe in the vitalized air and bathe in the sun rays.
23) Socialize with those of similar spiritual interests; exchange ideas; support and encourage others that their faith in the spiritual path may be strengthened.
24) Periodically, retreat to a secluded place several days or weeks at a time to conduct metaphysical exercises.
25) Take several breaks in the course of the day to attune yourself with the Cosmic forces and the Divine Mind. This will not only recharge your batteries but also clear your mind, inspire and awaken your creativity.
26) Cultivate humor. Do not take yourself seriously.
Meditation as one of the most important practice in spiritual culture is to be found in all religions. There are many systems and forms of meditations with varied goals and purposes. Mahayana and Tantrayana or Vajrayana Buddhism offer an excellent array of systems of meditation that serve souls functioning at various evolutionary stages. The many esoteric practices of yoga, such as Kriya yoga and Lama yoga likewise are wonderful practices of meditation that promotes soul-development. Western and Taoist alchemy, although complex, provide interesting forms of meditations that regenerates and accelerates the body’s basic frequency. The Sufi, Christian, and Kabbalic tradition are replete with their own forms of meditation that are most helpful in attaining the spiritual goal. When the Master Jesus told us not to pray in public buildings as hypocrites would but to seclude ourselves up in our personal rooms and close the door, he was in fact referring to meditation. Our “room” is our consciousness and the “door” is our objective senses that channel external impressions or stimuli. These senses should be closed (Pratyahara) so that our awareness may be focused upon a higher level where the Spirit (Father) dwells:
“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. ” (Matthew 6:5-6)
We may undertake meditation for lesser goals such as health, overcoming negative emotions, stress-management, etc., but always keep in mind the higher purposes of meditation. One of the prime objective of the discipline is to anchor the Divine Consciousness into the lower principles of the microcosm. This is an aspect of the “unio mystica,” or the “mystical union” as termed by Christian mystics. It is the marriage between Man and God. Others call it “Cosmic Consciousness,” or “Samadhi.” The mystical union is the manifesting of the New Jerusalem, the “abode of peace” in our minds and hearts. Effects of this divine awareness is the “liberation” from the cycles of birth and rebirth, and the attaining of “Nirvana”–the “blowing-out” or the transcendence of the false ego.
Meditation causes changes in the physiological and psychological functions. It alters one’s awareness and releases certain chemicals and hormones that relaxes and regenerates the whole psycho-biological system. Meditation causes an attunement between the higher and lower aspects of the microcosm as it builds the “antahkarana” or the “golden bridge” that unites the two. One’s basic frequency is raised during meditation and this facilitates metaphysical communication through telepathic means. Meditation also raises one’s intelligence, one’s I.Q., E.Q., and S.Q. In more advanced forms of meditation, the kundalini energy is raised from the base of the spine to the head to meet the down-pouring of the Shivaic forces emanating from the higher aspects of the Soul.
The Mayan Calendar Solar Glyphs
The ancient Mayans have bequeathed to our generation an interesting technology that may be utilized as a system of scrying or meditation. This is the Calendar Solar Glyphs. It is unknown, however, if it was actually used for meditation. Modern occultists have found, notwithstanding, that it facilitates soul-awareness.
The Mayans are a mystery to archeologists and scholars alike. Their technological development in astronomy is truly amazing. Their calendar-system is more advanced than any of our modern developments in that area. Where and how did they acquire their knowledge? According to Occult tradition, the Mayans as well as most of the other American-Indian tribes came from the lost continent of Atlantis. This legendary (now gradually proving to be historical) continent, or perhaps archipelago, said to have submerged into the ocean depths over twelve thousand years ago, developed a highly advanced technological civilization. It is believed that they even developed space-travel and interacted with beings from other solar systems and galaxies. Time-travel and inter-dimensional travel are supposed to be some of the occult technologies possessed and kept secret by the Atlantean priesthood. Were some of these secrets handed-down to the Mayans? Why and how did the Mayans vanish from the face of the Earth without a trace? Did they utilize their secret technologies to shift to a parallel world or to a different dimension? Or perhaps much more plausible, did they build cities underground miles below the earth where they may still be living today? We can only speculate.
What interest us at this present time is the twenty solar glyphs that they left us. These glyphs are part of their calendar system. Recently, occultists have discovered that these glyphs represent powerful Cosmic energies and that these energies may be accessed by meditating upon them. It may be possible that the Mayans physically ascended to a higher plane as a result of the utilization of these symbols during meditation and through their other undiscovered technology–as far-fetched as this may sound. These glyphs represent stages of soul-growth and the lessons that we have to learn at each level; however, we are personally unable at present to determine how these solar glyphs relate to the Mayans lunar-based calendar, for lack of information. Below we offer instructions on how to use these glyphs as a practical system of meditation.
Generally, we should choose the glyph to meditate with according to order, that is, beginning with glyph No. 1, Imix, However, you may if you wish, choose the glyph that you intuitively feel attracted to, or the one that resonates the most with your spiritual consciousness at this present time. Your choice of glyph will change as time goes by in accordance to your spiritual development, and emotional/mental needs. Meditate constantly with one of the glyphs until you feel ready to move on to the next or another glyph. These symbols are keys that open Cosmic portals where spiritual energies may be accessed. By meditating upon any one of them you begin invoking their energies. Be aware that energies are alive and possesses consciousness of some sort. During meditation upon these glyphs you may begin interacting telepathically with them. Do not fear when this happens. Start communicating and ask questions relevant to your spiritual development, your life, and your well-being. Since the energies of these solar glyphs are powerful, we caution you not to be over-stimulated by meditating excessively upon them. Do not meditate on these images for more than ten minutes.
Begin by sitting in the meditative pose. Relax your mind, body and emotions. Do some deep breathing and then focus upon one of the glyphs given below, holding and visualizing it in the mind in its given color for not more than ten minutes, and using the name of the glyphs as mantras; and then releasing their image and resting your attention upon the Silence, the Emptiness, the inner space of the soul for another ten minutes or so, awaiting impressions, activations, healings, and the balancing of the energies within the lower principles of the microcosm. Those of the magickal traditions, might want to scry and use the glyphs as portals to different realities. The “Sign of the Enterer” may be used for this. Below is a table of the glyphs and their general purposes.
[Please see the original paper at our website for the table]
[Note: This paper contains images which may be seen as originally published at our website]
Copyright © 2006 Luxamore